Saturday, February 13, 2010

Kindle

You know something I don't understand? In so many countries (like in Europe) they have those long license plates that don't state which country the plate is from. Here in the US the plates say which state it's from so the police could look up the driver by state then plate number so Joe Schmo from Wisconsin doesn't get stuck with a speeding ticket that Jane Doe from California got. What do they do in Europe if something like that happens? Are the plates not tied to the driver? How do you not accidentally get stuck with something that's not your fault, especially when you consider that driving to another country over there is akin to driving to another state here? I was just watching a Samantha Brown episode that takes place in Europe and it reminded me of this problem I ofren thought about when I was with Lee.

Aaaaaanyway, that is not what this post is meant to be about. This post is meant to be about my Kindle! I got one for Christmas after drooling over one for over a year and I love it! I didn't originally think I'd want one since I love real books so much, but after my mom got one for her birthday last year and I saw it in person I fell in love with it. It won't replace real books for me, especially since there are some books that won't be available in the Kindle format, but it's great for travel. I also have the iPhone app, so I can sync it through the wireless connection and pick up the book right where I left off on my phone when I don't have my Kindle with me, and vice versa. There are also loads of free books, and books are very inexpensive.

The only downfalls for the Kindle? With my mom's I had trouble reading it at the beach because of the bright sunlight, although Amazon says you're supposed to be able to read it in bright sunlight. The other downfalls are you can't share books (or at least you have to use loopholes to share), several books have strange formatting and/or typos, and it doesn't come with a case.

No comments:

Post a Comment