Saturday, July 24, 2010

Lake Michigan


I'd never been to any of the Great Lakes before. A couple of weeks ago, I went to Michigan, Muskegon specifically, for the wedding of one of my best friends. She'd raved about the Lake Michigan and how nice it was, but I had no idea until I'd actually visited just how fabulous it actually is!

I love the beach for the sand and the view, but I don't like salt water. I love the fresh water and crystal clarity that so many lakes have, but they don't have the waves, tide, and never-ending view that oceans offer. The Great Lakes are ideal! They have the fresh water and crystal clarity of the lakes I love (such as Lake Winnepesaukee in New Hampshire), plus the never-ending water view, waves, and tide that come with oceans. The sand actually felt softer than the sand at the beach as well. I only had a couple of hours in the lake, but I can't wait to head back again!

No comments:

Post a Comment