Sunday, March 14, 2010

Legal Seafoods Clam Chowder

In my world, there is no such thing as red clam chowder. Nope, no way, no how. I'm a New Englander and my chowdah has to be white.

The best clam chowder has to be from Legal Seafoods. There are places that have delicious clam chowder (the Mattapoisett Chowder House in Mattapoisett, MA has great clam chowder), but nothing compares to the perfection that is the clam chowder from Legal Seafoods. Usually, I get shrimp cocktail as an appetizer when I eat seafood. Not at Legal Seafoods.

What makes this chowder so special? Well, I have the Legal Seafoods cookbook, but haven't had a chance to try the chowder recipe, although I'm sure they left something out as those places do, so it doesn't taste quite the same. This is a rich, thick chowder that is the perfect thickness. They have just the right amount of potatoes and clams in it so each bite has clammy goodness. If you love seafood and haven't tried Legal Seafoods clam chowder, I highly recommend you do! This has been served at every Presidential inauguration since1981 . You can even order it online at their website. http://shop.legalseafoods.com/New-England-Clam-Chowder

No comments:

Post a Comment